Serves: 2 // Prep time: 5 minutes // Cook time: 40 minutes
- 1 small spaghetti squash (you will need 2 cups shredded)
- 3 eggs
- 1 c kale, chopped
- 1/2 c mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 c white onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
To prepare the spaghetti squash, preheat oven to 350F.
- Wash and slice the squash in half and place cut sides down onto a baking sheet.
- Roast about 25-30 minutes or until fork tender.
- When done, shred with a fork into a medium sized bowl and set aside.*
- Lightly spray or grease a small frying pan and add in chopped mushrooms and onion and sauté over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes.
- When onions are translucent and fragrant remove from pan and set aside.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl with the squash and add the spices. Mix until combined.
- Mix in the kale, mushrooms and onion and then pour the mixture into the same frying pan, cover and cook over medium heat for about 8 minutes or until eggs are cooked through.
- Remove frittata from heat, slice and plate to serve.
*Note: You can roast the spaghetti squash ahead of time for faster cooking time. Any extra spaghetti squash not used in this recipe works great as leftovers, too!
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice freshly squeezed
- Cayenne pepper
- Slice cucumber and marinade in olive oil and lemon juice in a bowl. Let marinade for about 30min
- Sprinkle with cayenne
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can diced tomatoes(Undrained)
- 1 can 8 ounce tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Pepper to taste
- 1 cooked spaghetti squash
- 1/4 cup parm cheese
1. In large sauce pan add oil and sauté bell pepper and garlic 2 pour diced tomatoes,sauce and paste and spices to pan Bring sauce to a boil and then lower heat and simmer uncovered for 15min (stir occasionally) 3 prepare spaghetti squash in microwave. Make several cuts throughout squash. Heat in microwave for 10-15min. Soft to touch when ready. Let stand for about 7 min. Cut squash lengthwise and remove the seeds. Take a fork and scrape the squash 4 serve sauce over squash and sprinkle with parm cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red pepper measured after chopping
- 1 cup green pepper measured after chopping
- 1 cup yellow onion measured after chopping
- 2 cups baby spinach – roughly chopped measured/packed before chopping
- 1 cup mushrooms measured before chopping
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- salt to taste
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- hot sauce optional for drizzling on top!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a standard 12-slot muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat a large non stick skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, add in oil, red pepper, green pepper, and onion.
- Saute 5-7 minutes, or until peppers are tender.
- Add in spinach and mushrooms and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- In the last 30 seconds, add in minced garlic.
- Season with salt and remove from heat.
- Crack eggs/egg whites into a large 4 cup measuring cup and whisk together.
- Stir in cooked veggies.
- Pour the egg/veggie mixture evenly into the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the tops are firm to the touch and eggs are cooked.
- Cool slightly and serve immediately!
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for about 4 days.
- These may also be frozen.
- To reheat, pop them in the microwave until warm.