Serves: 2 // Prep time: 5 minutes // Cook time: 40 minutes
- 1 small spaghetti squash (you will need 2 cups shredded)
- 3 eggs
- 1 c kale, chopped
- 1/2 c mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 c white onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
To prepare the spaghetti squash, preheat oven to 350F.
- Wash and slice the squash in half and place cut sides down onto a baking sheet.
- Roast about 25-30 minutes or until fork tender.
- When done, shred with a fork into a medium sized bowl and set aside.*
- Lightly spray or grease a small frying pan and add in chopped mushrooms and onion and sauté over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes.
- When onions are translucent and fragrant remove from pan and set aside.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl with the squash and add the spices. Mix until combined.
- Mix in the kale, mushrooms and onion and then pour the mixture into the same frying pan, cover and cook over medium heat for about 8 minutes or until eggs are cooked through.
- Remove frittata from heat, slice and plate to serve.
*Note: You can roast the spaghetti squash ahead of time for faster cooking time. Any extra spaghetti squash not used in this recipe works great as leftovers, too!